Follow by Email

Monday, 19 December 2016

Affleck Refuses To Make A Mediocre Batman Movie


Actor. Director. Writer. These are three of the main talents that Ben Affleck will be bringing to The Batman, his highly anticipated solo entry into the every growing DC Expanded Universe.

Currently, he's writing the script with DC Comics’ Chief Creative Officer and President, Geoff Johns. Last week, Affleck confirmed that the film will start shooting in the Spring, but he's refusing to make anything but the best Batman movie possible from start to finish.

Speaking to Entertainment Weekly, Affleck admitted:

“I’m still working on the script. I’m not going to write and direct anything that I don’t think is good enough to be made. I’m definitely going to make sure I have something that is special—there’s not enough money in the world to make a mediocre version of Batman worth it.”

This should come as a comfort to fans! It's clear Affleck is taking his part in the DCEU very seriously - and no one wants another Batman And Robin up on the big screen.

He was then asked if his children were excited about his upcoming Batman movie.

“They love it. My son especially. He’s going to be 5, and he’s in full superhero geek mode. He still sort of thinks I might really be Batman. I know he’ll realize eventually I have feet of clay, but I’m enjoying it while it lasts.”

Starring Ben Affleck, Joe Manganiello, J.K. Simmons and Jeremy Irons, The Batman arrives in 2018. Look for production on the highly anticipated solo superhero flick this Spring.

Source: Entertainment Weekly

For More From Infinite Earths, Be Sure To  
https://www.facebook.com/Infinite-Earths-293285607457542/
Or
https://twitter.com/IEarths
 Or
https://www.instagram.com/infinite.earths/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment