Follow by Email

Saturday, 11 February 2017

Laurence Fishburne Not Returning For Justice League


Perry White is taking some time off.

Laurence Fishburne, who portrays Daily Planet Editor-in-Chief Perry White in the DC Extended Universe, recently sat down with The LA Times and revealed that a scheduling conflict prevented him from being able to appear in Zack Snyder's Justice League.

“They asked me to come for a day, but I couldn’t work it out, schedule-wise,” Fishburne said.

“And really, what do you need the newspaperman in Justice League for?,” he added. “You want to see the Flash. You want to see Aquaman. You want to see Wonder Woman. You want to see the Lantern.”

“We’ve been waiting 35 years for these [characters] to show up on the screen. What were they doing over there? Marvel has been kicking their ass. This is the comic-book geek in me, who has a collection of comic books. I’ve been waiting to see these people on-screen forever.”

He also went on to address the backlash towards last year's Batman v Superman: Dawn Of Justice, something that just didn't understand.

“Look, I love what Zack Snyder does. Jesse Eisenberg, this little nebbishy guy, as Lex Luthor? For me, that’s a genius move. And the whole thing with Martha Kent and Martha Wayne? I don’t know, man, I must be sentimental but that’s some heartwarming [stuff] to me. So I don’t get it.”

Neither do we, Laurence. Neither do we.

Justice League hits theatres on November 17th.

Source: The LA Times

For More From Infinite Earths, Be Sure To  
https://www.facebook.com/Infinite-Earths-293285607457542/
Or
https://twitter.com/IEarths
 Or
https://www.instagram.com/infinite.earths/

No comments:

Post a Comment