Follow by Email

Tuesday, 7 March 2017

Don't Expect The Dune Remake Anytime Soon


Filmmaker Denis Villeneuve is set to bring a new adaption of Frank Herbert's Dune to the big screen in the near future, however the Arrival helmer reveals he'll be taking a bit of a break before tackling the iconic Sci-Fi saga.

"The problem right now, and something I want to change, I worked very fast. I did Prisoners, and then after that, in the past six years I have done five movies — which is not a good idea! It’s too fast. And I learned a lot, I learned so much, for the time now I need just a little time to digest. After Blade Runner, as I’m working on Dune, I would love to just digest and then come back with more energy for Dune with fresh ideas. I need that right now! And so I need distance a little bit."

Villeneuve, who signed on to direct the Dune remake back in December, went on to express his love for the original Frank Herbert novel and share his excitement over directing the new film.

"Dune is a novel that I read when I was a teenager, and I was engulfed. I was [transported] by Dune for years. When I finished Prisoners, when I came to Hollywood I made a movie called Prisoners, and I said to myself, ‘It will be a one shot experience, but I will enjoy it.’ And it went well, and the producers at Alcon [Entertainment] asked me after that, ‘What would you like to do? Is there one thing you’d like to do?’ And I said, ‘Dune.’ Spontaneously. I know there was competition to get the rights, but I always said to myself, and I’m saying it to you, I can’t believe it will be a thing. There’s no screenplay right now, but that will be my dream!"

The film is currently in the early stages of development. However, fans can catch Villeneuve's next movie, Blade Runner 2049, in theatres on October 6th.

Source: Cinema Blend

For More From Infinite Earths, Be Sure To  
https://www.facebook.com/Infinite-Earths-293285607457542/
Or
https://twitter.com/IEarths
 Or
https://www.instagram.com/infinite.earths/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment