Follow by Email

Tuesday, 9 May 2017

Jeff Goldblum Teases The Return Of Dr. Ian Malcolm


Late last month, it was announced that Jeff Goldblum would be reprising his role as Dr. Ian Malcolm for J.A. Bayona's Jurassic World sequel. Now, the actor has decided to tease his return to the iconic franchise while chatting with Entertainment Weekly.

"Off I go in a few weeks to London, where they’ve been hard at work, and I’ll try to contribute something to the plate of dino-entertainment. I like my character. I think my character is a saucy, sassy man of some integrity and deep thinking. And of course, that whole world continues to be popular, slam-bang, top entertainment."

Goldblum then went on to express his excitement to work with J.A. Bayona.

"I talked to the director, J.A. Bayona, over the phone. I enjoyed his movie The Impossible with Naomi Watts, and he’s something else. I didn’t realize he was a good friend of a friend of mine, a director I worked with a while ago in Spain named Fernando Trueba, who’s just fantastic. Knowing that the two of them are brethren and brotherly in their friendship makes me feel very good, too."

He would wrap things up by revealing that the new movie will continue to explore the theme of greed established back in the original Jurassic Park film from 1993.

"Even though some might say it’s popcorn-y entertainment (top-notch, of course), in our conversation he was very focused on the serious issues of greed as it oftentimes comes up in those movies, and the marvels of science and reason and the very fascinating point at which our species finds itself both in real life and in this imaginary world too. I’m very interested in that myself, so I’m looking forward to this. I’ve got a few things to do. I’m nothing if not conscientious, so I’m enjoying working on it every day."

In the original  Jurassic Park, Dr. Ian Malcolm came to the park as an insurance consultant who made it clear that he was against the idea of mankind recreating dinosaurs from the beginning. He would return for the sequel four years later, leading a research expedition to a second island filled with genetically engineered prehistoric beasts. The character would also play a significant role in both of the original novels from the late Michael Crichton.

Starring Chris Pratt, Bryce Dallas Howard, B.D. Wong, Jeff Goldblum, James Cromwell, Raff Spall, Toby Jones, Ted Levine, Daniella Pineda, Justice Smith and Geraldine Chaplin, Jurassic World 2 is slated to hit theaters on June 22nd, 2018.

Source: Entertainment Weekly

For More From Infinite Earths, Be Sure To  
https://www.facebook.com/Infinite-Earths-293285607457542/
Or
https://twitter.com/IEarths
 Or
https://www.instagram.com/infinite.earths/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment