Follow by Email

Wednesday, 10 May 2017

Next Alien Movie To Shoot Within 14 Months


Alien: Covenant isn't in theaters for another week, but Ridley Scott has already revealed when the sequel will begin shooting - and it's a lot sooner than we were expecting.

Speaking with IGN UK, Scott revealed, "we’re writing [a sequel] now, as we speak. I’ll be filming that within 14 months." He then went on to share some new information regarding Neill Blomkamp’s now defunct Alien film, calling it Awakening, a title that he had previously used in reference to one of the possible upcoming films in the franchise.

"They wanted to do Alien, er, Awakening – Neill Blomkamp. I said fine. I was going to be the producer. If I could have, I would have. Except I do question – why have both [Blomkamp’s Alien and Scott’s Alien] out there? It seems like shooting your big toe off – it doesn’t make sense."

"But they didn’t go forward with it, Fox, so I just kind of kept out of it. I mean, I’d literally ignited this thing to bring it off the ground again, because it was lying there dormant on a shelf. I had this thing to bring it back up – but here we are."

Ridley Scott returns to the universe he created, with ALIEN: COVENANT, a new chapter in his groundbreaking ALIEN franchise. The crew of the colony ship Covenant, bound for a remote planet on the far side of the galaxy, discovers what they think is an uncharted paradise, but is actually a dark, dangerous world. When they uncover a threat beyond their imagination, they must attempt a harrowing escape.

Starring Michael Fassbender, Katherine Waterston, Billy Crudup, Danny McBride, Demi├ín Bichir, Carmen Ejogo, Amy Seimetz, Jussie Smollett, and Callie Hernandez, Alien: Covenant arrives in theaters on May 19th.  
 
Source: IGN UK
 
For More From Infinite Earths, Be Sure To  
https://www.facebook.com/Infinite-Earths-293285607457542/
Or
https://twitter.com/IEarths
 Or
https://www.instagram.com/infinite.earths/

No comments:

Post a Comment